Music Banter - View Single Post - Drugs and Music
Thread: Drugs and Music
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2022, 07:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
Ayn Marx
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by robhr View Post
Oh yeah I didn’t say.

My drugs are mostly pot, psychedelics and MDMA.
Psychedelics cover a wide range. So much sold today, for instance, as LSD, is no better, and sometimes more dangerous than, horse tranquilliser. If however you’re out there collecting you own peyote etc, bless you. As to Methylenedioxymethamphetamine enjoy the warm & cuddly . . . . . .
I’m old enough to remember MANDRAX. Sold as a sedative it had many a shocked husband returning from a late evening at the office to be jumped on by the Mrs at the front door. Me, I seduced the entire Murrumbeena Firsts football team (minus one who ran off screaming ‘Youz lot are a bunch of fukin poofs’). Highly addictive though and soon taken off the market.
Back on the subject of drugs and music it’s always interested me the frequent connection between certain drugs & certain types of music. The Stones for instance somehow managed to stay in tune smacked off their heads. Other groups into heroin couldn’t even figure out what key they were supposed to be playing in. Classical musicians seldom play off their faces but classical composers were often off the planet when composing .

Last edited by Ayn Marx; 06-12-2022 at 07:53 PM.
Ayn Marx is offline   Reply With Quote