Music Banter - View Single Post - Who do you think will win the US presidency in 2024 (posted 1 June 2022)
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2022, 08:08 PM   #22 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I kinda think his base has moved beyond the need of Trump as a central figure but there's still been no one to replace him and him getting booed for pushing the vaccines isn't THAT big a deal. So yeah it's his nomination to lose.
I can't see it being anyone other than Trump for R's (barring health complications or him just deciding not to do it for whatever reason [I doubt that])

I know Biden has said he's gonna seek re-election, but I still doubt it. To me though, there's no obvious star candidate/successor for the Dems either. It would be kinda cool if they could stuff Noam Chomsky's wrinkly ass in a time machine, make him 30 years younger, and then get him to run for the Dems. I mean, if Biden decides not to run for re-election, who would it be? Gavin Newsom? If AOC was a year or two older, she could run - maybe in 2028. She's gonna get elected President, book it. Even if not in 2028, it will happen.
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote