Music Banter - View Single Post - I freaking love vinyl
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2022, 07:50 PM   #29 (permalink)
Ayn Marx
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guybrush View Post
Sure, you can spend tens of thousands on getting a deck that eliminates some of the common problems with LPs. Like you write, it's gonna cost ya.

Or you could, you know, switch to a medium which doesn't have those problems, is more convenient and generally has better masters (digital).

Why spend thousands polishing a turd?
Because on my system playing my LP’s there’s nothing ’turdlike' to be heard. As to ‘better masters’ are you aware a high proportion of the digital files you’ve been listening too from a few decades ago were copied from analogue masters ?
My morbid interest in pursuing something you regard as a necessarily inferior technology? Consider the fact I’ve inherited multiple thousands of pristine LP’s, most played only once on high-end gear, many of which have never been re-released in digital format.

Quote:
As someone who makes music, I find it morbidly interesting to see someone could willingly spend more money on a turntable than I spent on my entire studio.
How I spend my money is my business. You’re free to denigrate that pursuit if it makes you feel superior is some misguided manner. You might also be interested to know I listen to high-resolution digital downloads of recently recorded music. As to spending ‘more money on a turntable than you’ve spent on your entire studio’ you aren’t in the possession of the actual figures to make that comparison. Nor do you have the slightest understanding of what is required to get the best from analogue and I’m sure you’ve never heard it unless in you’re delusion digital files you’ve praised were actually taken from analogue masters.
In short I’m again saying you’ve no idea what you’re talking about.
Ayn Marx is offline   Reply With Quote