Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2022, 11:33 PM   #11212 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

1. Who’s your favourite Muppet?

Maybe Sir Didymus from the 80s movie The Labyrinth. He guards a bridge in the bog of eternal stench.

2. What was your first home like (that you can remember)?

It was a house in a short street next to a field and a farm.
There was a short rock wall along the edge of the field where I would find snails. I vaguely remember learning to bike and prying chewing gum out of the asfalt to chew. The farm had lots of cats and chickens. We moved from there when I was 4, I believe.

3. What, currently, is your main or preferred mode of experiencing music?

In my studio from my studio monitor speakers, even though I don't recommend buying monitors for music listening. Mostly, I just listen to our various google assistants as they play in sync and are littered around the house.

4. What was the last gig you attended?

A couple of weeks ago, me and my wife saw Susanne Sundfør, a norwegian artist with an absolutely fantastic voice. She has a bunch of beautiful songs.

5. Would you rather take a trip on an old sailing ship, a steam train, or neither?

Boat, easily! I grew up close to the ocean and spent much of my childhood in or around boats, though mostly the small kind. Being in or on the ocean just feels great and soothing for strange reasons I don't quite fathom. Whether swimming or in a boat, it just feels right, like what I should be doing.

A lot of the music and songs I write have something to do with the sea.

6. How organised are you, in general?

More so than the average person, though perhaps more so inside my own brain or in digital systems I create than what's apparent on a surprise visit to our house.

Last edited by Guybrush; 06-18-2022 at 11:38 PM.
Guybrush is offline   Reply With Quote