Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2022, 08:09 AM   #11213 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

1. Who’s your favourite Muppet?

So difficult to choose! I'm an unabashed Muppet fanatic with rare Muppet treasures all throughout my home. Kermit's positivity resonates with me, and I adore Gonzo's weirdness. And Emmet Otter from Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas is a humble but noble protagonist. I think each Muppet has an endearing quality with which I like to associate.

2. What was your first home like (that you can remember)?

I remember a modest house from when I was 7 or so, at the bottom of a freeway on a hill and not far from a train station. The white noise of the highway and the distant trains lulled me to sleep each night. A fond memory.

3. What, currently, is your main or preferred mode of experiencing music?

Despite my having a substantial rare vinyl collection, I can't overemphasize the convenience afforded to me by my media server. I've made sure to research and track down lossless archival copies of the most superior digital master of each recording in my vinyl library, and to carefully construct exhaustive discographic archives of noteworthy record labels, artists, and composers, and to meticulously tag all with parenthetical release date prefixes to populate catalogs chronologically. My server provides me access to hundreds of thousands of my recordings from any web-enabled device and can transcode/downsample if needed for devices where the DAC would not benefit from FLAC to save on data, so I can enjoy my entire library from my phone anywhere I travel. It's a dream come true.

4. What was the last gig you attended?

Graham Nash at Babeville in Buffalo, NY on my birthday. It was an honor to see him live as my late father gifted me a vinyl copy of Songs For Beginners many years ago and it became a staple folk record in my library. At the show I claimed the very last autographed copy of his latest album which made it all the more memorable.

5. Would you rather take a trip on an old sailing ship, a steam train, or neither?

Steam train most likely. The scenery out the window would be zen-like.

6. How organised are you, in general?

I am an INTJ and am meticulously organized. I've worked to hyper-structure every moment of my life down to a window of 5 minutes. I manage my finances in a similar fashion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote