Music Banter - View Single Post - Any band release their Sophomore Album just days after their day Debut?
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2022, 02:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
Karice
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by music_collector View Post
KISS - every member released their solo albums on the same day
GNR - Use Your Illusions released on the same day

In the 70s, it wasn't unheard of for a band to release two albums a year. I know Zeppelin did it. Rush did it too.
A couple of Posters mentioned Guns N'Roses releasing Use Your Illusions 1 and 2 the same day. I'm surprised I didn't incorporate the Use Your Illusions 1 and 2 Albums into my story! LMAO! But in all honesty, Use Your Illusions Albums were not Guns N'Roses Sophomore and Junior Albums. Guns N'Roses Sophomore Album was really GNR Lies which was nowhere near as successful as Appetite For Destruction Album. Lies Album only had ONE major hit, Patience, compared to Appetite For Destruction that had Welcome To The Jungle, Sweet Child Of Mine, Paradise City, Mr. Brownstone, It's So Easy, Rocket Queen and Use Your Illusions 1 and 2 which had November Rain, Estranged, Don't Cry, Live And Let Die, Civil War, Yesterday's, You Can Be Mine, Knocking On Heaven's Door. Many Producers would have written off Guns N'Roses as a one album Wonder when the GNR Lies album came out. Seriously, ONE hit song out of about 10 songs? :/
Karice is offline   Reply With Quote