Music Banter - View Single Post - For the road ?
Thread: For the road ?
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2022, 06:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

I quite liked the video, Ayn: a road trip with a classic car in attractive country that I don't recognise. Difficult to mess that up even if those guys do have some secret agenda going on.

The song has a great lead in. I liked it a lot, although at the start I was expecting it to turn into the Peggy Lee song of the same name. In fact, I wish they had sung a bit of Peggy Lee's as well. IMO that would've made a good song even better, but as it was, I was left with a nagging doubt about if there are any musical similarities between the two songs. For anyone who had the same reaction, have a listen and please let me know as I am terrible at identifying those kinds of similarities/differences :-

As for road pop, I used to love Golden Earring's big hit, and have since come across an even better cover version of Radar Love. This is out and out rock, not pop, so it's your chance for revenge, Ayn: berate me all you want for putting the wrong song of the wrong genre in the wrong thread.