Music Banter - View Single Post - Abortion
Thread: Abortion
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2022, 09:13 AM   #127 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
Not according to the Supreme court it's not! ZING!
Good one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber soul View Post
What really worries me is something Andrew Jackson did when the Supreme Court supported Cherokee Indian sovereignty and Jackson said to let them enforce it. Perhaps this is the beginning where everyone (left and right) starts ignoring the Supreme Court and the court ends up becoming irrelevant.
From commentators I've been watching, I think these state abortion bans will definitely have an effect: first with how insurance companies punish and encourage medical practice with their varying charges and rates to doctors, then with doctors themselves who don't want to get into legal trouble. One tv person said that nurses, etc will also be scared into following the law in their state.

Perhaps it's scaremongering on my part, but I was struck by something Biden said yesterday: that he would defend women's rights to travel out-of-state to get treatment if necessary. Is that a pre-emptive pushback against a scenario in which states prosecute women for getting an out-of-town abortion?! After Texas tried to chuck out the election results of Michigan*, it seems like the unimaginable has now become plausible.

* grudging approval for the Supreme Court, who at least threw out this idea.