Music Banter - View Single Post - For the road ?
Thread: For the road ?
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2022, 05:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Ayn Marx
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post

- - - - -at the start I was expecting it to turn into the Peggy Lee song of the same name. In fact, I wish they had sung a bit of Peggy Lee's as well. IMO that would've made a good song even better, but as it was, I was left with a nagging doubt about if there are any musical similarities between the two songs. For anyone who had the same reaction, have a listen and please let me know as I am terrible at identifying those kinds of similarities/differences :-
Yes, I heard it too although this version jams more notes into the melody line. Today’s obsession with copyright has only been with us for a few centuries.
Several centuries ago if a composer regurgitated another’s melody line it would be taken as a compliment, not theft. Never mind, keeps a hoard of copyright lawyers in caviar.

Quote:
As for road pop, I used to love Golden Earring's big hit, and have since come across an even better cover version of Radar Love. This is out and out rock, not pop, so it's your chance for revenge, Ayn: berate me all you want for putting the wrong song of the wrong genre in the wrong thread.
You’ve got me the wrong way around.(You should be so lucky !) I find the task of deciding which of the many forum categories to dump a song/symphony/etc is a tedious process given so much music today is a blend of styles and types. On the other hand I haven’t any brilliant ideas on alternative ways to organise a music forum such as this.

It’s just occured to me to wonder why those two chose to film that scenario to the background of Fever. But then again I do have an obsession with reading gay explanations into otherwise innocent stories.

Last edited by Ayn Marx; 06-27-2022 at 06:47 PM.
Ayn Marx is offline   Reply With Quote