Music Banter - View Single Post - Abortion
Thread: Abortion
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2022, 06:58 PM   #168 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
1. Aside from Catholics abortion was never a big issue for Christians before the Moral Majority made it an issue. Obviously the base had to be receptive to it being made an issue for it to work but it was the issue that helped to unite a conservative movement that hadn't had much gas before the Civil Rights era.

2. I wasn't making a Great Replacement claim just pointing out that race was in fact tied into it. It's more the fringe psychos who view it that way but white grievances about an attack on their culture are still all blurred together in ways even if everybody doesn't have the same strong, defined ideology.
it sounds like you're saying the way it is tied to it is by virtue of it being used by the conservative movement to drum up support after the anti civil rights angle fell through? Cause that's fair enough and I didn't know that but I just meant the actual reasoning behind the abortion issue isn't primarily or even significantly motivated by race imo. I brought up the great replacement not cause you did but cause that is basically where the convo started with the birth rates thing.

I'm just saying if there's an actual ideological link between the two besides the fact they're both right wing culture war issues I dunno what exactly that link is. I don't doubt that they might be historically related by circumstance though.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote