Music Banter - View Single Post - Abortion
Thread: Abortion
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2022, 07:12 PM   #169 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
i don't believe that's the motivation. It's the same old school religious thinking that had people opposing roe in the 70s that has them opposing it today, for the most part. People think it's killing a baby. It's really not that hard to understand imo.

But I just think it makes for an interesting conspiracy angle.
Why the 70's would be relevant today re: replacement theory, I don't know.

In the 1970's no one thought the white majority would be overthrown. There hadn't been a Black President. A lot of racial animus, due to globalization, was anti-Asian because U.S. autos kept getting recalled, while Japanese cars didn't. There were salesmen on car lots beaten by mobs for selling non-US autos. Fear of Japan morphed into the oncoming robot overlords in the 1980s.

Rep. Miller thanks Trump for 'historic victory for white life'

Abortion is now tied in largely with a social order. The country should be white, women should be in their place, the birth control bill gave us feminists, and that gets you to abortion. If we don't turn out wives/service animals into breeding factories the Mexicans will take over. Or something like that.

It's as cohesive a narrative as you can get from people who are mashing up emotions into a political platform.