Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2022, 07:21 PM   #11374 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

1. What is obsolete in your house? To qualify as obsolete it must be something that is never, or seldom, used now and which you could not, and should not expect to be able to buy. So vinyl records, books, coal fires etc would not qualify. It doesn’t have to work, and it can be in a collection if that’s your preference, but it should be something most people would look at and say “why do you have that?”

Without means to play them: cassette tapes, VHS tapes and minidiscs (what?), a box of 3.5 inch floppy discs, also an old CRT television and possibly a typewriter somewhere in the attic.

2. What’s the longest you ever spent in an ER/Emergency Dept/A&E dept of a hospital?

I remember once we went in at 9PM and didn't get home till 2PM the next day, so what's that: 17 hours?

3. What’s your favourite mnemonic?

Probably the rainbow one I mentioned earlier. Also FAST: Face, Arm, Speech, Time (for recognising a stroke)

4. What is the most useless thing you own?

A folder of CDs with files that are no longer readable.

5. What’s the biggest DIY job you’ve ever undertaken?

Only tiny things. I don't do it myself. No aptitude. Can't even put up a shelf or put a flatpack together. Useless.

6. How much do you swear? Not when angry - we all do that. But in general usage?

Far too much, far more than I should. F-bombs have become almost standard with me, but it's not just me: in Ireland we use the word as a "holding" one, like someone trying to remember a holiday they were on and unable to recall the name of the pub would say something like "We went to that pub - what was it called? (Clicking fingers in irritation) - ****ing, ****ing, ****ing - Green Duck, yeah that's the one." We also say perfectly innocent phrases and use the f-bomb like "I ****ed that out, it was empty" or "****ing weather is **** again today" or "when are you going to get up you ****er?" Terrible. ****ing terrible.