Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2022, 11:00 PM   #11376 (permalink)
ribbons
Music Addict

1. What is obsolete in your house? To qualify as obsolete, it must be something that is never, or seldom, used now and which you could not, and should not expect to be able to buy. So vinyl records, books, coal fires etc would not qualify. It doesn’t have to work, and it can be in a collection if that’s your preference, but it should be something most people would look at and say “why do you have that?”

A vintage double abacus on the foyer wall of my apartment. Obsolete because I use a calculator now.

2. What’s the longest you ever spent in an ER/Emergency Dept/A&E dept of a hospital?

Probably about 18 hours, hooked up to an IV due to severe dehydration.

3. What’s your favourite mnemonic?

I don’t really have a favorite mnemonic, but I remember using mnemonics for groups within the periodic table of elements in high school. The only one that still sticks with me is “New Popes Assign Subordinate Bishops” (for N, P, As, Sb, Bi).

4. What is the most useless thing you own?

A stack of vintage tin picnic baskets in the kitchen. Useless because not used for actual picnics.

5. What’s the biggest DIY job you’ve ever undertaken?

I'm not handy at all. I've painted the kitchen cabinets – that’s about it. I created a fair amount of pottery in the past, nothing elaborate - just small bowls and vases.

6. How much do you swear? Not when angry - we all do that. But in general usage?

Generally only when I’m angry.
ribbons is offline   Reply With Quote