Music Banter - View Single Post - The queer corner
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2022, 11:16 AM   #1462 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guybrush View Post
No, children can not consent. Well, they technically can by saying "yes, let's bang", but the principle that any consent a child gives is invalid is something I feel is very important. Also, they can't vote and they're full of shit.

In theory, something like a mutually beneficial / pleasurable sexual relationship could exist between adult and child (yuck). But the capacity for the child to understand the extent of what they're getting into is likely not great and the opportunity for the adult to take advantage / exploit / cause suffering is far too great. Children are vulnerable and need to be protected.

I'm pretty much a utilitarian, but I feel like the best and simplest way to deal with the issue is ofc to make it illegal. Not only does that help us avoid bad situations, but I think the general principles that it fosters in the minds and hearts of people will help reduce suffering in the world, even if it smothers the rare possibility of a mutually beneficial/functioning adult/child sexual relationship.

edit:

By the way, I read Pamela Des Barres' autobiography I'm With The Band about the groupie scene around LA in the 60s/early 70s and.. man does it seem like there was a lot of pedophilia going on. Hey, teacher. Leave 'em dicks alone!
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote