Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2022, 09:05 AM   #11292 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

1. What honours/diplomas/degrees etc do you hold, or, how did you end school/college in terms of honours etc?

Zero. I didn't finish school, leaving to get my first, and indeed, only, job.

2. Who is your favourite fictional character?

What? What kind of a question is that? Who writes this - oh. Yeah. Right.

Well, in terms of comedy, I guess Mr. Burns or Basil Fawlty. In terms of serious characters, Judge Dredd, Jack Bauer and perhaps Saga Norén, from Danish TV series Bron/Broen (The Bridge).

3. What’s the longest you’ve even been awake, without any sleep?

About 36 hours I think. I was wrecked for days after.

4. A bird flies into your house/room/apartment/office: what do you do?

It certainly has happened, and saw me rush around with a towel/brush trying to get the bird out while Karen screamed and panicked. Successful all three times, the third being when Ritchie arrived at the door with one in his mouth. Had to first get him to drop it, then locate it in Karen's old room, try to pick it up with gloves and usher it towards the open window, a sound like angelic music playing in my head when it took wing and flew off.

5. I guess not so much now, or maybe, but when you buy or used to buy books, if your favourite author had a new one out, did you go for the hardback or wait until it came out in paperback?

I used to peruse the bookshelves in Eason and other bookshops. I would buy paperback books, and if a new novel came out that I wanted I would wait, as hardback books were, and I guess still are, too expensive. They're also more difficult to read at the table/desk than paperbacks and you can't shove one in your pocket.

6. What’s your opinion, generally, on advertisements/ commercials?

Bring back hanging for ad executives! God I hate ads. In the past there have been some good ones but these days they just make me want to scream at the telly. Which I do. Frequently.