Music Banter - View Single Post - The Contingency Plan/Exit Strategy
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2022, 07:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Default The Contingency Plan/Exit Strategy

Look, we've all been thinking it, haven't we? What happens if one day we go to log in and this site returns a DNS Error or 404 not found message, and we're left wondering what the fuck happened to the forum? It could happen.

So today I've spent the day making a new forum, sort of a backup if you will, to which, if we have to, we can transfer our threads/journals if we want, and where we can all meet again to continue this waste of human energy and time we call Music Banter. It's a free site, so don't expect much, and I've only just got it going, so am adding my own content slowly, and will continue to do so over the next few weeks/months/years/decades/who knows. Feel free to add your own, or just to pop over and say fuck you Trollheart have you not enough work to do already you stupid bastard?

Here's the URL

The Craic

It's pronounced like the drug, in case you wondered, and basically craic is what we Irish call a fun time. Not a drug. Often. Just folks getting together and enjoying the company.

Anyway, feel free to come over, but bring ye mighty tribute and tremble at my boundless power, for I am now... the Administrator!

Feel free too to ignore this, or telephone the relevant mental health authorities. But if so, don't come crying to me when the Reptilian Government comes to take I mean when the forum vanishes and ya have nowhere to go. Hell, you'll still be welcome, so maybe just copy/paste the URL somewhere you won't lose it, eh?

Note: in case anyone thinks so, I'm not interested in trying to start a new forum while MB is active; this is not an alternative, just see it as a backup. Unless people want it to be an alternative, which I seriously doubt and can't see the point of anyway.