Music Banter - View Single Post - Why do hipsters love analog?
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2022, 02:07 PM   #30 (permalink)
Vetiver
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoDavid View Post
It's mainly the love of everything vintage, that causes hipsters to like things analog.(See also, 80s and 90s nostalgia and to a lesser extent, 60s and 70s nostalgia)
The funny thing about analogue and vintage music formats is how the general public was very quick to forsake them, as soon as something new and shiny started gaining some traction (e.g. iPods). Now that these ‘obsolete’ formats aren’t household staples anymore, they’ve become more desirable. Go figure…

I’ve always been a late adopter, because of my scepticism of the corporations. It took me years to get into MiniDisc and I still use that format. However, around 15 years ago, everyone was dumping their MiniDisc gear on eBay for next to nothing. As a result, I ended up buying quite a bit of MiniDisc gear for very little. Now, the same stuff I purchased is going for at least ten times the price I paid for them!

Sorry but I find most humans to be fickle creatures, who are easily swayed by whatever’s fashionable at any particular moment in time. In other words, most of the interest isn't actually genuine.
Vetiver is offline   Reply With Quote