Music Banter - View Single Post - Last Bought
Thread: Last Bought
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2022, 04:06 PM   #2838 (permalink)
jadis
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by music_collector View Post
I was looking at that recipe. It looks easy enough.

Montpelier is a nice city. I remember going to a restaurant there, ordering an iced tea and being surprised. Iced tea here is generally sweetened. There, it was tea, but cold. That was a first for me. Stowe and St. Albans (Jay Peak is great skiing) are nice to visit as well. I vividly remember waiting in line for beer at the Alchemist, while holding my twins who were still in diapers. Yes, I was a thirsty lad.

Tire sur la neige (syrup on snow) - a must have in spring

I've only had one piece of the pie. It's so rich, and apparently I'm the only one at home who likes it. What the hell is wrong with my family????

I'd look at taking the family back to Vermont on vacation, but we're waiting for our kids' passport renewals.

Sugar shacks on the Québec side here are rites of passage. With the French Canadian traditional breakfast, and all the syrup one can scarf down, it's food coma bliss.
One of those things that will always set me apart from native Quebecers is that I really don't like maple syrup in any form except in dark chocolate. It's too sweet for me. Don't really have a sweet tooth in general, same as my parents.

Tried pumpkin spice latte once, couldn't finish it (putting aside that milk-based coffee is the gay agenda).
jadis is offline   Reply With Quote