Music Banter - View Single Post - The Contingency Plan/Exit Strategy
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2022, 05:17 AM   #83 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

I wouldn't be averse, but I seriously doubt you're going to find many people here who will put their hand in their pocket, and depending on how much "not a lot" is (less than 100 Euro? Less than 50?) and what we're talking (one-off/annual/monthly payment?) possibly not even me. My family has a very ancient motto which we live by: Sic gratis es mea, roughly translated as "if it's for free, it's for me". I would be frankly amazed if you would get two or more people who would be prepared to pay for something which right now, all the comments and issues notwithstanding, we get for nothing.

For now, I'll continue updating my own new forum and see how people consider your idea, but I would be surprised if it would fly. For me to set up a new, free forum they can come to or migrate to, no problem. They don't have to do anything and leave all the work to me, like preparing to move but someone else getting your house ready. Ask them to start paying and thinking about what they want and I expect large yawns and many tumbleweed.