Music Banter - View Single Post - The Contingency Plan/Exit Strategy
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2022, 07:42 AM   #106 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Yes, ribbons: I agree with you agreeing with Marie, TH and rubber soul !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Nah Charles is right, blackmail or protest will just remind advameg that they should have shut this place down a long time ago. I'm fine with having a backup option (although paying for an online forum seems a bit preposterous) but i think losing the members who check in occasionally is a serious problem with moving. As far as I'm concerned we just stay here until it dies and then we can move to another option if we want. We could even organise that from the discord when the time has come.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber soul View Post
I'm going to take a wild guess and surmise that Advameg isn't losing any money off MB. Otherwise, we'd be gone a long time ago. In the meantime, I don't think we need to have an exodus. Trollheart has already set up a backup if this site ever does go down. So, I guess for now, we just go into wait and see mode.
Absolutely times two for the bits in bold. One huge advantage of the "wait and see" tactic is that, as TH has already been farsighted enough to give us an escape route in thecraic, we can all kick back and carry on as previously. Thanks, TH.