Music Banter - View Single Post - The Contingency Plan/Exit Strategy
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2022, 10:36 AM   #111 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

I would have agreed a few years back, but I'd have to say that now things are a lot more... mellow? I used to have knock-down fights with people here, but I guess I've become a little more thick-skinned now, and that drama as such doesn't really happen much, if at all. I would have to say that some of this improvement has to be lain at the feet of Marie Monday, who has in quite a short time become a legend among mods, and can really keep people in line while not being a spoilsport.

For me though, the real cause of the slow death of the forum is a lack of participation and/or interest. It's hard to keep making threads nobody cares about (ie all of mine) and attempt to keep a sense of fun and contribution going when nobody responds. The feeling is definitely, to me anyway, of a lot of people sitting back in armchairs watching the forum, but not ready to haul their asses out of those chairs and take part. That's fine if it's what people want to do, but if so, then nobody should be surprised we're going down. Of course, I've said this before, but maybe it needs to be reiterated. To a great extent, the sense of, if you will, community is gone, and it's more like a clubhouse where people used to meet and have fun, but which now is only occasionally visited by people who pop in to read the free newspapers.