Music Banter - View Single Post - Karice's Guns N'Roses Corner! :D
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2022, 10:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon

For real? Use Your Illusion 2 is a great album. Better than UYI1 to me. Sure, Get In The Ring is goofy and My World is entirely unnecessary (but it is good for a laugh).

Besides those two though, the album is incredibly consistent and has some of their all time best songs.

Civil War
Yesterdays
14 Years
Knockin On Heaven's Door (great cover)
Breakdown
Pretty Tied Up
Locomotive
So Fine
You Could Be Mine
Estranged

Easily better than UYI1 to me - the above are all great tunes (and more complex than AFD/UYI1), but UYI1 had a lot of average or even dull tracks (Coma bangs tho). If UYI2 ended with Estranged, people's perception of it might be better. Cut out My World / Get In The Ring / Dont Cry (Alternate) and you have an album that, albeit perhaps not as influential as AFD, is pretty damn near close to as consistent. Give me Estranged over November Rain any day of the week.

Hell, I'm pretty sure I'd take UYI2 over Appetite (even if Appetite is the "better" album) - teenage me wouldn't have, but that's how it is. Appetite is so overplayed. I could live the rest of my life happily without hearing most of the songs on Appetite ever again. I call it the "Back in Black" syndrome. Just too overplayed. I still can't go into restaurants or grocery stores without hearing Sweet Child O' Mine.

Last edited by SGR; 07-18-2022 at 10:33 AM.
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote