Music Banter - View Single Post - Any Pagans here?
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2022, 01:21 AM   #21 (permalink)
FETCHER.
Nae wains, Great Danes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guybrush View Post
Same here. As a kid, I was borrowing books about the greek myths, gods and heroes, and of course as a Norwegian you're easily exposed to stories about the norse gods, Odin, Thor and Loki in particular.

However, just because you read a story about Orpheus bargaining with Hades for the life of Eurydike doesn't mean you have to believe it actually happened or that Hades is real.

There is actually a big difference. A big predictor for what religion you belong to is simply your location. If you are from Saudi Arabia, chances are you're a Muslim. If you're from the US, particularly some areas more than others, chances are you're a Christian. Obviously culture / environment and indoctrination plays a huge role. You can blame other people.

In this case, you may not have other people to force these falsehoods on you. Instead, have to fool yourself. This is especially true if you get into the sometimes witchcraft beliefs of paganism which require dedicated efforts of self-delusion.

When I read your post, I don't get the feeling you actually believe. I get the impression you kinda think its cool and you have a pagan phase. But why would you wanna live with all that cognitive dissonance?

If you've broken off from a major religion, good on you. Instead of then stumbling into a minor one, why not getting into skepticism and critical thinking? It's infinitely more powerful and will help you out more than religious beliefs will.
This is the impression I got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
i havent i refuse to in fact. it triggers my ptsd from yrs ago when i thought my ex's anal beads were those edible candy necklaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Rez View Post
Keep it in your pants scottie.
FETCHER. is offline   Reply With Quote