Music Banter - View Single Post - So, what are you eating right now?
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2022, 08:47 AM   #2631 (permalink)
ribbons
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by music_collector View Post
Last night, I was at a family restaurant with my wife and kids. I ordered a club, as I had trouble deciding on what to eat. I asked the server to hold the mayonnaise. It wasn't noted in the menu, but I knew it was going to be there.

Like many restaurants in the area, this one was short staffed. It took a while for our plates to arrive. When my plate arrived, I could tell that the slices of bread were doused in the white crap. Lots of the lettuce and chicken were too. Sigh.

It was getting late, and it was almost past my kids' bedtime. I let out a groan. I dissected my sandwich and ate what wasn't tainted. My wife told me I should have said something. It took a while for our plates to come out. I wasn't going to subject the kids to that. I left a decent tip (20%).

What would you have done in my situation?
You were thinking of the kids, and that's always OK.

Mayonnaise, on the other hand, is not OK. I've always disliked mayo and can't even touch a sandwich or what-have-you if it has mayo on it. At least you tried to eat the sandwich - I would have gone hungry rather than eat the mayo.
ribbons is offline   Reply With Quote