Music Banter - View Single Post - Any Pagans here?
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2022, 09:42 PM   #54 (permalink)
gandhara
Hi NRG fanatic

Sort of...You can certainly choose which path and deities you want to follow for several reasons, You'll mostly hear from other Pagans that it's because that's who they feel most drawn to, closest to, and have had like personal experiences with. In other cases, the person may have been born into the faith. There are still places in the world where a living cultural Pagan religion still survives and where no revival is needed..Most though have been destroyed by the Monotheistic faiths.. but for those interested in reviving certain faiths there's a lot to work with. There are even really obscure faiths people are trying to revive, like the pre-Islamic Arabic traditions..where there is no even much written evidence to go by.

As for me I'm mostly interested in ancient Assyria.. I don't worship ALL of the gods though lol, mostly just the highest ones...Ashur and Mullissu the most since they're the two highest deities of the old Assyrian Empire. I occasionally honor the others. Each deity has a specific day they can be honored.. And I just wait for the specific days for Ashur and Mullissu, instead of every day (every day would be for actual priests to perform, not the average person, unless they wanted to of course). There were household protective spirits one can honor at any time as well. I usually take like a minute of my time to say a little prayer or praise for them at least once a day. I don't normally ask for much...just general stuff like protection, health, safety, prosperity....and I don't offer much either...incense, some fruit, etc.... If I had a bigger income I likely would devote more time and energy, but I'm content where I'm at so I leave it at that.

Anyway, just thought I'd share a little about my own little faith. I wasn't planning on saying as much as I did tonight lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
what God(s) is it you believe in specifically and why?

A lot of the new age and pagan and mystic type **** might not be as judgmental as the abrahamic faiths but it just feels a lot like a choose your own adventure type approach to religion lol. Just pick your favorite God the same way you would pick your favorite super hero and go with that.
gandhara is offline   Reply With Quote