Music Banter - View Single Post - The Shoulders of Giants: Trollheart's History of Classical Music
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2022, 04:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ayn Marx
Music Addict

I really appreciate what you’re attempting to achieve here but suggest when it comes to convincing the unconverted as to the joys of classical music mere words have little hope of doing so. The most effective method I’ve discovered is to take the ‘innocent’ to a live classical concert, preferably of a large scale orchestral work.

The live experience matters as the frequency and dynamic range is of such importance in classical music in conveying it’s emotional impact. Ok, you can have the unfamiliar listen to a short work of the simpler kind from a recording but unless that happens via a state of the art reproduction chain the potential impact will be missed. I’ve had others posting on this thread challenge that view but that’s another topic.

Anyhow, I admire what you’re attempting here.

You say "If music be the food of love, let’s get stuck in; hope you brought your appetite, because there’s one hell of a banquet waiting!” How are you going to prevent your readers getting indigestion ?
Ayn Marx is offline   Reply With Quote