Music Banter - View Single Post - The queer corner
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2022, 05:51 PM   #1533 (permalink)
Queen Boo
From beyooond the graaave

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
you're not doing anything but helping a corporation advertise to you, Twitter is not real life, just log off
This is a really stupid way of looking at things, Twitter may not be "real life" but it absolutely influences the beliefs and behavior of people in real life, spreading fascist ideology is dangerous any way you do it but the internet is without a doubt the most effective platform for hate, ignoring it is extremely foolish.

Transphobic sentiment is growing along with right wing extremism in general, propaganda and misinformation on the internet has absolutely been a big part of this and now transphobic bills are being passed at an alarming rate across America, I'm a trans woman living in a bumf*ck Tennessee town, I fear for my safety more than ever.

To put this as kindly as possible, please do not condescend to me and tell me that people saying I have no right to exist is something trivial.

Yes I'm aware that at end of the day banning a few dipsh*ts on social media who will just fall back on their burner accounts doesn't really amount to much, but I am someone with no power, voting doesn't do jack sh*t if you live in a gerrymandered red state, holding people accountable for spreading hate on the internet is essentially the only thing I can do.

It's funny actually, hate and abuse personally directed at me in the "real" world doesn't affect me as much, a few days ago my mom called me an ugly man in a dress and I hate my mom so who cares? I don't. It doesn't bother me anywhere near as much as the transphobia being pushed in the media and the internet, because that sh*t has far greater reach and will effect a lot more people.

Ignoring the spread of fear and hate is enabling it, period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
A whole bunch of stupid sh*t that I regret
Queen Boo is offline   Reply With Quote