Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2022, 08:10 AM   #9791 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Was he Allen Dulles levels of anti-communism? Those were some crazy evil ****s in the CIA and even with the Bay of Pigs already probably a lost they were still gung ho to make it work until Kennedy cancelled the air strikes on Cuba. After that he was super distrustful of the CIA and the military leaders and they may have seen him as a liability.
I know. I'm a catholic ethnically-Irish guy (half at least) from Massachusetts. I've read at least 8 books on Kennedy.

I don't think it was the Communism thing is what I'm saying. Dulles was instrumental along with Kermit Roosevelt in toppling the Iranian Democracy. I think they just thought they could do whatever they wanted.

Iran was the "we can do this in any country we want!"
Cuba was the "no you ****ing can't"

I think they saw Cuba has the woman they couldn't have and took out anyone they thought would get in the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber soul View Post
Not so sure about that one. The biggest hawk in LBJ's administration was Robert McNamara and he was actually a Kennedy guy.
That's no indication. IIRC Biden told Obama not to do the SEAL strike on Bin Laden. Presidents do what they want.