Music Banter - View Single Post - Joe Biden Love Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2022, 11:17 PM   #254 (permalink)
ribbons
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
No idea how to help your sister beyond pushing back against her **** and making it clear her **** has consequences for your relationship. Unless she's just a ****ing psycho perhaps pushing back could make her rethink some things cause people generally don't like attacking their friends and family. She might not be as committed as she likes to imagine she is.
I argue with my sister constantly about this actually, but it's almost as if she's in this state of mania about Trump. Her daughters, my nieces, are very upset about her beliefs and stridency but my sister is quite loud and domineering of her family. My late brother-in-law who was a sweetheart was dominated by her also (and so totally in love with her that he enabled her a lot, I'm afraid). My older niece is engaged to marry a man from a Latino immigrant family and she gets very upset about my sister's anti-immigration views. We've had holiday dinners at my sister's house where she tries to overpower me about politics at the table, and my nieces have come to fear these situations so for their sakes I try to remain calm while still getting my points across, but my sister has a total blind spot when it comes to politics and is just a total bully about it. She's totally committed. She's also quite close to the Southern contingent of our family and they whip each other into a frenzy together over Trump, lol.
ribbons is offline   Reply With Quote