Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Workout Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2022, 11:36 PM   #831 (permalink)
Ayn Marx
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by music_collector View Post
I'm following a routine with an app on my phone. The instructor beats the proverbial crap out of me, but it's good. I bought dumbbells that I could adjust the weight on. I'm starting to wonder if it would have been better to buy many dumbbells at different weights?

I also forgot to mention that I was given a 40lb weighted vest as a birthday gift last year. That's great for doing squats.

I also discovered that my kids' park is loaded with exercise equipment. I work the triceps pushing kids on the tire swing. I can do pull ups with the monkey bars. I can do tricep dips with the benches. I can even get cardio by chasing my kids!
It pays to have a clear picture of what you’re aiming for, a Schwarzenegger shape or general athletic endurance. When I became addicted to long distance running some idiot told me weight lifting would help. Enrolled in the local gym, got stuck into it three days a week. After some months I was noticeably meatier but noticeably slower over running distances. When I complained of this to a gym instructor he just laughed. Turned out the program I’d been put on was for achieving mass and strength but was the wrong way to go if distance running was the goal. He put me on a different programme and in a few months I was flying along. Lifter beware.
Ayn Marx is offline   Reply With Quote