Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2022, 05:23 AM   #77413 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
Don’t know if I ever mentioned it anywhere on MB, but we got a puppy a year ago and he’s the sweetest chocolate lab ever. I’ll posts some pics later. Anyway this week he was having some clear stomach issues, diarrhea, vomiting, it was a mess. We took him in and they did lab work that came back fine and some X Rays. They saw an obstruction in his stomach so they scheduled surgery for today which was hopefully going to be pretty routine and he’d be out of there quickly.

Well then the worst nightmare happened, they call me saying they are struggling to remove the instruction and some of his intestinal tissue was looking really bad. Like, dead tissue levels of bad. The doctor told us that she wasn’t comfortable performing the kind of operation that would be necessary to cut out the dead intestinal tissue and tie it back up. So she started making calls to specialty surgeons in the area but everybody was all booked up. She told me she believed his odds of living were about 10% if we didn’t get him into the right surgeon today.

…fast forward a few hours. The doctor went back in and kept trying to get the obstruction out. Eventually it apparently started to budge and she pulled out whatever nonsense the dog managed to eat. At this point she said that the intestines were looking much better than they were earlier in the day. She no longer recommends the emergency surgery and says his odds of making it out of here are much, much higher. I don’t necessarily feel like I’m in the clear but it’s just been the craziest roller coaster of a day. Probably the scariest thing I’ve ever experienced. He’s only a year and two months old, he has so much life ahead of him
Wow, that is terrible but at least there was a good ending. I was tempted to flick down to see the dreaded words, but thank the Great Pixie your doggy was all right. Just shows, never give up hope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
What was the obstruction
The Supreme Court.