Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2022, 08:15 PM   #11325 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Thanks guys. It's been fun, but I think I'm burned out now.

1. What's one thing you hate about summer?

God-damn insects, especially the bane of human existence, bluebottles.

2. What was the last thing you physically mailed?

A request to stop sending Karen appointments for breast checks. Really hard to cash them, you know.

3. On balance, do you prefer traditional petrol/diesel cars, hybrid or electric?

Electric I guess. Not being a driver I don't really know, but if electric cuts down on pollution that's good, and if it makes oil barons cry then it's even better. Plus they're supposed to be quieter? I do wonder though, how someone would react if they woke up late for work to find there had been a power cut, and their car was out of power!

4. How would you characterise the health system in your country/state?

Great if you're rich and can afford to go private, a living hell otherwise.

5. Somewhat similar to a question asked a few weeks ago, but with a twist: If YOU were ruling a country, or in charge of one, would you be a benevolent or an oppressive leader?

Benevolent until I realised it takes money to do stuff, then I'd be Hitler.

6. What was your first ever pet?

The first I can remember is our border collie, Rocky. He ran away.

7. Spearmint, peppermint or no mint?

Peppermint. If I'm feeling queasy it's my go-to; great when you have to stand for hours by your sister's trolley in the A&E in the heat and nobody will give you a chair.

8. Name one food item which is no longer available that you would love to see back again?

Two and Two bars. I've spoken of these before. They were: milk chocolate on top, fudge and cream in between and dark chocolate underneath. In a bar.

9. If you're old enough to remember, what precautions, if any, did you take for Y2K?

None. I was pretty sure it was all crap anyway, and what could I do? I think the office spent a bundle though, and were quite disappointed when jets stubbornly refused to fall from the sky.

10. How do you store your music, generally and if you like, historically too?

Historically, on racks and now on my PC. In folders, alphabetically by artist.

11. Someone gives you a gun. You will not be let go alive unless you shoot one person. There will be absolutely no legal or criminal comeback. Once you shoot your target you will be free, legally and in reality. Who do you choose (can be anyone, as long as they're still alive), or do you refuse and take the consequences?

So long, Senor Trump! No second term for you!

And finally, before I bow out,

12. If you can remember, what was your first post on Music Banter?

Some stupid thing about a music game I had made.