Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2022, 01:18 PM   #11334 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon

Alright, since I butted in I guess I'll answer the questions:

1. What's one thing you hate about summer?

Heat. And bugs. And sunburns. And putting air conditioners in. And sweat....oh, just one thing? My bad (I prefer winter and fall and you happy fun summer sun people can shove it)

2. What was the last thing you physically mailed?

A money order just the other day

3. On balance, do you prefer traditional petrol/diesel cars, hybrid or electric?

Eh, traditional I suppose but it's a preference from a lack of experience/ignorance. I've never driven electrics though so that may change. I'd love to test drive a Tesla.

4. How would you characterise the health system in your country/state?

Bad. Pretty bad sometimes and really bad other times but bad all the time. USA baby.

5. Somewhat similar to a question asked a few weeks ago, but with a twist: If YOU were ruling a country, or in charge of one, would you be a benevolent or an oppressive leader?

Benevolent so that I don't get a bullet in my brain or my headless body dragged through the streets.

6. What was your first ever pet?

A cat.

7. Spearmint, peppermint or no mint?

Spearmint and it aint even close.

8. Name one food item which is no longer available that you would love to see back again?

That Rice Krispies Treats cereal.

9. If you're old enough to remember, what precautions, if any, did you take for Y2K?

I'm 27 - I was playing Mario 64 in Y2K. I do work in a codebase that is old enough that there are lingering notes in certain programs about Y2K though, so that's kinda cool.

10. How do you store your music, generally and if you like, historically too?

On two massive hard drives. Lossless rips from CDs mostly. But I stream a lot too. More often lately than in the past because I've become lazy and occupied with other things.

11. Someone gives you a gun. You will not be let go alive unless you shoot one person. There will be absolutely no legal or criminal comeback. Once you shoot your target you will be free, legally and in reality. Who do you choose (can be anyone, as long as they're still alive), or do you refuse and take the consequences?

Yikes. Uhh...I guess if I had to - either Putin or Kim Jong Un.

12. If you can remember, what was your first post on Music Banter?

I don't remember back in 2010. Looking at my profile, it goes back 40 pages to a post I made in 2021 in the Dire Straits appreciation thread. Looks like the first thread I started was a review of Stone Temple Pilots 'Purple'

https://www.musicbanter.com/album-re...le-1994-a.html

Why the hell did I choose those ugly ass colorful fonts? God I was dumb in 2010. I was either 15 or 16.
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote