Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2022, 03:30 AM   #11342 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

1. What's one thing you hate about summer?

I love summer, but like GD I also hate our ticks.

2. What was the last thing you physically mailed?

Some audio equip. I had gotten a faulty microphone preamp and sent it back to the store.

3. On balance, do you prefer traditional petrol/diesel cars, hybrid or electric?

I much prefer electric. They're comfortable to drive, if not as fun as a manual gear, and they don't produce local pollution. Hybrid kinda seems silly as part time, it's a fossil car lugging a big battery around and other times, it's an electric lugging that big fossil engine around. I mean, come on. Forgedaboutit!

4. How would you characterise the health system in your country/state?

As a service, it's phenomenal. If you're working in health, I think you may feel stressed and that you're not compensated enough.

5. Somewhat similar to a question asked a few weeks ago, but with a twist: If YOU were ruling a country, or in charge of one, would you be a benevolent or an oppressive leader?

My own societal utilitarian maxim roughly goes as follows. The goal for society is to increase the quality of life of its inhabitants in the long run. It should be the guiding principle for legislation etc. Traditions, principles, hangups etc. matter less than good consequences for the people and their happiness.

Obviously, I am a very benevolent leader.

6. What was your first ever pet?

A pet rat called Pelle. He was actually my sisters, but I took care of him and took him shopping, we slept together (not in that way), etc.

7. Spearmint, peppermint or no mint?

I can't remember the difference. We have mint in the garden and it's nice.

8. Name one food item which is no longer available that you would love to see back again?

Pepsi crystal because I remember it and if I were to see it again, I would definitely try it, although perhaps just once.

9. If you're old enough to remember, what precautions, if any, did you take for Y2K?

No precautions. I got drunk with my friends and played with fireworks.

10. How do you store your music, generally and if you like, historically too?

I have a file server. Some of it is uploaded to my youtube music account. My vinyl collection is in a cupboard in the living room. A select few vinyls are in frames, hanging on our walls.

11. Someone gives you a gun. You will not be let go alive unless you shoot one person. There will be absolutely no legal or criminal comeback. Once you shoot your target you will be free, legally and in reality. Who do you choose (can be anyone, as long as they're still alive), or do you refuse and take the consequences?

I don't know, but I'd worry about how killing someone might damage myself as a person. If I killed a state leader or something, I would probably question that decision for the rest of my life. Better to shoot a nobody serial killer like Robert Pickton.

12. If you can remember, what was your first post on Music Banter?

Pretty sure it was my intro post. It was probably nice and sweet.