Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2022, 04:45 AM   #24072 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Crimes of the Future

David Cronenberg's latest screenplay/story since 1999's Existenz. It's a visceral sci-fi movie brimming with body horror that feels very on brand for Cronenberg. Most of the movie is dialogue interactions between the characters, which includes a bit of philosophical musings on things like what it means to be an artist and humanity. Between these scenes, we get a lot of sexy surgery (surgery is the new sex).

As a biologist, nothing about the movie's use of the term evolution seems based in reality. Let's call it an alternate reality sci-fi because nature doesn't work like this. The philosophy is also a little wonky at times, but I greatly appreciate the uniqueness of Cronenberg's vision. It is a sight to behold and entertaining in its own right. I would recommend it on that basis alone. After all, how often do we get to see such visionary projects with big names attached to it?

Cronenberg has a unique imagination and I hope the movie does well. Recommended, but especially for you Cronies out there.

Last edited by Guybrush; 07-29-2022 at 07:34 PM.
Guybrush is offline   Reply With Quote