Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2022, 05:57 PM   #17832 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGR View Post
I've always been more in love with the Ozzy years than the later stuff, but the Dio Sabbath material is great too. Sabbath's run from their debut to Sabotage is one of the most impressive run of albums in metal history to me.

I love Priest and Maiden but I've always viewed it as sort of the opposite - Iron Maiden being Priest's little brother. Mostly because I've heard Priest since I was a wee lad as my dad was a huge fan. I've seen them twice in concert and one time they performed the entirety of British Steel. Screaming For Vengeance is probably my favorite album as a whole, but Defenders is mad underrated, The Sentinel being probably my all time favorite Priest song.

Saxon is kicass too, that live album you put me on has been in a regular rotation, what a great record (thanks for that!). And Accept is great too!
Ozzy years are clearly the best years but Dehumanizer is underrated. I remember Dio having a solo album from the same time that was similarly heavy as balls and also based.

There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote