Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2022, 06:09 PM   #17833 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Ozzy years are clearly the best years but Dehumanizer is underrated. I remember Dio having a solo album from the same time that was similarly heavy as balls and also based.

I always forget about Dehumanizer when thinking about the Dio years (probably because of the time lapse in its release compared to the others). But damn, that album is the heaviest Dio Sabbath album. Great stuff.

I've never listened to that Dio solo album, but that song kicks ass. I'll have to check it out.

I don't remember if I've ever gotten your take on Killing Joke. Are you into them or nah? They get grouped into the post-punk lot, but they've written some pretty heavy songs:

Being the awful irredemable conformist that I am, my favorite album of theirs is Night Time, when they softened their sound and started actually writing songs that could get radio play. It's the perfect balance of bite, bile and '80s (pun intended) hooks to me. Good enough for Kurt Cobain to rip them off, anyways (yeah, yeah, Killing Joke actually ripped off the Damned, I know)

Last edited by SGR; 07-29-2022 at 06:20 PM.
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote