Music Banter - View Single Post - National Slayer Day!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2006, 11:29 AM   #29 (permalink)
PostPsychosis
Music Addict

I'm not going to quoute everyone, it's simply a waste of time and energy.

Ok first off, I never said Slayer was Nazi sympathizers or racists. I've listened to all of their albums straight through, and I liked one for awhile, but like I said earlier I grew out of it and sold it for 3 dollars.

As for me not being a metal fan, your the one who isn't a metal fan. I said I didn't like your band and why and you couldn't handle it. I'm more of a real metal fan then half the people at my school who listen to Slayer, in fact of all the people who I know that listen to Slayer, I can only think of 3 who actually like them for the music and not the cheap little gimmic they portray, and thats cool.

Oh and Slayer having invented thrash metal?!! You have to be out of your mind or on some serious drugs to even think they invented thrash metal. Thrash metal culminated over a slow period of time begining with Kill 'em All, and is really just a mesh of parts of Diamond Head and Motorhead. You can't really credit any one band for the creation of thrash metal, but if I had to pick two people it would be James Hetfield and Dave Mustaine, who were working on the material for Kill 'em All back in 1981. Oh and you say that they aren't gimmicky, but this "national slayer day" on 6/6/06 is a prime example, and if thats not a gimmick, I don't know what is. And what norms of society do they challenge that they think they can better?

Ok now lets assume that you like the early stuff Reign in Blood and so forth, thats cool, the album has appeal to it, not my tastes but w/e. They never really changed their music, they slowed down a bit and Tom started sucking less at "singing" but other than that they have been cranking out the same over formulated album over and over again, the only exception being South of Heaven.

On a side note I heard a cover of Electric Funeral by Slayer and it made me sad that Tom has the ability to sing that well, but instead he does...whatever he does on all the Slayer albums.
The Wrath of Heavens Coming Down
PostPsychosis is offline   Reply With Quote