Music Banter - View Single Post - Coronavirus: COVID-19
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2022, 08:36 PM   #4330 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGR View Post
Honestly, there's been some great stuff to come out of the pandemic. Out of anything that could stay, I love the "cough guard" screen between me and the cashier at stores (I also loved other customers and their dumb kids needing to stay six feet away from me in line). Don't need to worry about their germs or their airborne viral loads. Businesses checking people's temperatures before they enter is kinda nice. I wouldn't mind some businesses continuing to refuse entrance to some obviously sick people if they can save my ass from getting sick.

I also like my waiters and waitresses to have masks. Always found it gross when a waiter/waitress would put my food down and begin engaging me in conversations as their small spittle goes flying across the table (and inevitably onto my food). I don't want them to be uncomfortable though, and so I'm cool with it not staying, their job is difficult enough, but damn, there's been some serious improvements to my life with the pandemic. I like the masks in this particular scenario.

I used to have to go in-house to work, now I do it from home. The pandemic forced the corporate dummies to improvise, and surprise surprise, when workers are happier with their work environment, they're just as, if not more productive.
eh yeah I guess there's a few contexts where the social distancing improved things like with plastic dividers... The masks I am glad to leave behind tbh

But really the best part of the pandemic was the free money they dished out. My financial situation wasn't even harmed at all by Covid so the stimulus money was just free money to me. Plus if anything jobs are paying more now.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote