Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2022, 03:44 AM   #17927 (permalink)
Johnson939
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontRunMeOver View Post
'Real' Emo is truly awful. I'm sure that all of the bands which were listed in the Emo education thread were important to the recent history of music, but its beyond me why anybody wanted to follow them. Pop featuring skinny guys with dyed black side parting is much more listenable.

Shakira, Kelly Clarkson, The Sugarbabes, Christina Aguilera and Beyonce are all better than any Death Metal band.

I much prefer seeing Usher do some dance move to watching some fat old punk singer sweat and look angry or perhaps constipated on stage.

U2 and Coldplay may be pretty mediocre, but the Rolling Stones are even more so.

Apart from the Beatles, most music before funk sounded pretty lame in comparison to what has come since and is certainly over-rated (even Elvis and Led Zepellin).

"****" should be an official genre for music which overrides all other factors. Bands like Nickleback, Creed, JJ72, Cast, etc. should automatically be categorised as such, to stop them from polluting other sections. Obviously, **** boy/girl band music won't be included because that would take up too much room in the **** section.
If you weren’t called “don’t run me over” I’d have the car revving by now
Johnson939 is offline   Reply With Quote