Music Banter - View Single Post - Russia, Ukraine and World War III
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2022, 06:24 AM   #461 (permalink)
rubber soul
Call me Mustard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I just never understand America. No member of the govt here or in the UK or I imagine in Europe could go do something that is against the wishes, orders or without the sanction of the top guy and not get into trouble, yet Pelosi can go against her boss and do what she likes, even if it rattles the sabre? Or is Biden allowing her to do it as a sort of plausible senility, sorry deniability?

First of all, Biden isn't Pelosi's boss. If Biden was the boss, we'd get a lot more stuff accomplished wouldn't have we. And, really, if Trump actually was the boss, the US might not even be here, pathetic as we are at the moment.

Anyway, we have a system where the branches are separated, thus, the Congress, even if it is dominated by the same party, isn't beholden to the President's whims. Maybe it's different with a Parliamentary Government which is by design a one party rule, but here, the Speaker or Senate Leader or even some obscure congressman can do anything he/she wants politically and the President can't do much about it except complain a bit.

Last edited by rubber soul; 08-03-2022 at 11:33 AM.
rubber soul is offline   Reply With Quote