Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2022, 08:01 PM   #9818 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
I wasn't virtue signaling, was I?
We're all cringe bitches. You should see me whenever Nina Turner says something about Nancy Pelosi just got found wandering the street in a see-through nightgown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
it's easy to grandstand on the internet...takes years of concentrated effort to budge even one law

also I see what you're trying to do with the ICE comment
So incrementalism then? Even aside from the normal criticism of it not galvanizing any support to move to the next increment (which is why change often occurs in fits of revolutionary fervor or a court case), this doesn't even lead to a next logical step. Both sides of the mainstream culture war have long agreed that vets deserve free healthcare and then compartmentalize that to exclude any thought of extending it to anyone else. This is just making good on a promise the politicians were trying to break when they thought no one was looking.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote