Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2022, 09:42 PM   #11413 (permalink)
music_collector
Music Addict

Thank you for your service.

1. What's one thing you hate about summer?
Humidity, gnats and fruit flies

2. What was the last thing you physically mailed?

I mailed in my kids' passport renewal forms in May. I have yet to receive a response.

3. On balance, do you prefer traditional petrol/diesel cars, hybrid or electric?

Petrol for me. It's a catch-22. Pollute by using oil, or send the car to the junkyard, while the resource intensive mining builds the batteries. Besides, my car is paid off. Any new car, electric or otherwise is crazy expensive now. That's if you can find one.

4. How would you characterise the health system in your country/state?

Like most places, our hospitals are so overwhelmed, that they're closing on some nights and weekends. Nurses are quitting in droves. Wait lists are long for MRI and surgeries. Finding a doctor to refill a prescription takes a while, even if it's just a Teams chat. At least we don't see a bill, other than parking.

5. Somewhat similar to a question asked a few weeks ago, but with a twist: If YOU were ruling a country, or in charge of one, would you be a benevolent or an oppressive leader?

I'll be benevolent. Oppression is bad for the health.

6. What was your first ever pet?

I grew up with a terrier named Captain.

7. Spearmint, peppermint or no mint?

Peppermint

8. Name one food item which is no longer available that you would love to see back again?

Crunchie was in ice cream???? Why was I not informed of this?

I'm not sure it's dead yet, but I haven't seen white (i.e. clear) cream soda in years. The pink stuff is everywhere, but not the white stuff.

9. If you're old enough to remember, what precautions, if any, did you take for Y2K?

I took no precautions. At work, I was hot swapping BIOS chips. It was fun.

10. How do you store your music, generally and if you like, historically too?

I have 20 Case Logic binders to store my CDs. I rip most of them. While working, I keep a binder in the office so that I can play a disc on my little boombox.

11. Someone gives you a gun. You will not be let go alive unless you shoot one person. There will be absolutely no legal or criminal comeback. Once you shoot your target you will be free, legally and in reality. Who do you choose (can be anyone, as long as they're still alive), or do you refuse and take the consequences?

It's a toss up. It's either the two headed monster behind almost every crappy pop song in the past decade or the person who decided a reality show was a good idea.

12. If you can remember, what was your first post on Music Banter?

I think I posted in the introduction thread.

Last edited by music_collector; 08-07-2022 at 09:30 AM.
music_collector is offline   Reply With Quote