Music Banter - View Single Post - The Coffee & Tea Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2022, 01:37 PM   #187 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Mortem View Post
Pourover is ine of the methods I've yet to explore. It always seems very delicate and charming to get into though. What beans are you using lately? A certain brand, or maybe something local and nameless?
I love our chemex. I used to love my aeropress, but consistently get better coffee with the chemex, I feel.. despite that you can look up contest winning recipes for aeropressing. For chemex, I usually go for 6 grams coffee to 100 grams of water, water temp somewhere closer to 80 degrees celsius than boiling, then bloom it (wet the ground coffee with just a bit of the warm water and let it sit) for 30 secs before pouring the rest over. If I'm brewing more than I can pour over in one go, I wait until the first round of water's just about drained through before I add more.

Right now, we have coffee from a high attitude peruvian farm, but we mix it up a lot and try to keep tabs of the good ones. We get coffees from various sources (always whole beans), among them three local roasters. I always look for the lightest roasts I can get