Music Banter - View Single Post - The Coffee & Tea Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2022, 06:18 PM   #188 (permalink)
Carpe Mortem
Crusher of tiny Nords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guybrush View Post
I love our chemex. I used to love my aeropress, but consistently get better coffee with the chemex, I feel.. despite that you can look up contest winning recipes for aeropressing. For chemex, I usually go for 6 grams coffee to 100 grams of water, water temp somewhere closer to 80 degrees celsius than boiling, then bloom it (wet the ground coffee with just a bit of the warm water and let it sit) for 30 secs before pouring the rest over. If I'm brewing more than I can pour over in one go, I wait until the first round of water's just about drained through before I add more.

Right now, we have coffee from a high attitude peruvian farm, but we mix it up a lot and try to keep tabs of the good ones. We get coffees from various sources (always whole beans), among them three local roasters. I always look for the lightest roasts I can get
I can relate. I've always been most fond of the french press, of all the instruments I have - and as convenient as the aeropress was, it couldn't top what I could do with the french press when I did bother with a quality cup. You just can't rush great flavor!

I have to recommend the moka pot though if you are ever looking for something more hands-off to add to your cabinet. I swear it makes folgers taste good. It's meant to produce espresso.

Be Loving & Open With
My Emotions
Carpe Mortem is offline   Reply With Quote