Music Banter - View Single Post - The Coffee & Tea Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2022, 12:52 AM   #189 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Mortem View Post
I can relate. I've always been most fond of the french press, of all the instruments I have - and as convenient as the aeropress was, it couldn't top what I could do with the french press when I did bother with a quality cup. You just can't rush great flavor!

I have to recommend the moka pot though if you are ever looking for something more hands-off to add to your cabinet. I swear it makes folgers taste good. It's meant to produce espresso.
Thanks, Carpe

I have a cholesterol situation which isn't exactly bad, but also not good, so I gave up french press and home espressos a few years ago. But reading your post, I was reminded that my wife really misses espressos and our anniversary is coming up, so I ordered a moka pot for pickup later today. I found an induction compatible one.. Thanks for the tip

While I don't drink espressos as much, I do enjoy them. In my late teens, I was working at a coffee place and trying to perfect cappucinos, so they're my favorites alongside a con panna with homemade cream with just a bit of sugar in it <3 We still have a standalone milk steamer / foamer packed away somewhere, so then that can come out of retirement too.