Music Banter - View Single Post - beer
Thread: beer
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2022, 06:05 PM   #62 (permalink)
Carpe Mortem
Crusher of tiny Nords

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
it was Newcastle, The Dog, Newkie Brown...but then it got sold to an American brewery who immediately ruined it by making it more in line with the current trend in American beer which is to make everything overly hoppy...it now tastes like ****ty hops and oven char

so I've been shopping for a new standard...so far I've enjoyed "Maduro Brown Ale" from Cigar City Brewing

but as the brewery suggests this is a classier heavier beer you might enjoy with a cigar, so when I went ahead and drank 6 in one sitting it made me quite ill

a lighter one I've enjoyed is the "Gentleman's Relish" which sounds like the name of a strip club despite being a kiddy beer at 4.2% (typical of English browns), it's overly creamy, and I can only get it at this one bar blah blah blah

I've just been drinking Shiner Bock in the meantime
Agreed re: the hoppiness - as someone who enjoys good craft beers and ciders I HATE the trend towards overly hoppy. And if you talk to a lot of other people who are into beers, that's the kind they prefer. Sad state of affairs.

Shiner Bock is good stuff. Shiner BLACK Bock used to be my standby - easy drinking. Not even sure how the hell I had it all the time tbh because it's from Texas and I'm in Michigan. My early 20s were a blur.

This conversation would sound gibberish to some people.

Be Loving & Open With
My Emotions
Carpe Mortem is offline   Reply With Quote