Music Banter - View Single Post - Punk and Metal political differences
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2022, 08:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
ExZardoz
Groupie

Question Punk and Metal political differences

Because it's a seemingly obvious question, the fact is that I think the difference between the two mindsets is actually quite big, and maybe that's good.
I think most metal artists tend to condemn less people who demonstrate a different political opinion, I mean, I've never seen Dave Mustaine punch someone because he thinks getting vaccinated is normal, and even Dave Grohl accepts republicans on his shows, And then there's Hetfield who made it clear that metallica doesn't care who you voted for, Henry Rollins demonstrates a very different behavior
The average Leftist can pretty much enjoy the sound of metal, when instead approaching the punk rock that it is inherently political Is Like "More painful".

And someone will probably say that music must necessarily have some ****ing political content, that it is somehow something that must necessarily be liked AND INSEPARABLE from music, don't you think that someone can also not be like political rants and be anyway a good person? it seems to me that this concept of the coexistence of music and politics seems to be a Western thing only, it seems to me that Japanese artists, for example, ignore politics.

Maybe it's just me, but compared to past times Music, movies, books, art in general condemned the right less,
It Just Seen that music industry Is a left wing Thing, and everytime i want to listen Something It makes me feel uncomfortable because you Can't really have a different Opinion and listening to punk

Last edited by ExZardoz; 08-11-2022 at 09:19 AM.
ExZardoz is offline   Reply With Quote