Music Banter - View Single Post - Will Biden be another one term president?
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2022, 08:00 AM   #136 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
What about the guy who took home the nuclear codes after he wasn't president anymore?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept-V View Post
And who cares?
I imagine that every American who expects a level of responsibility from their elected officials cares mightily that something like 20 boxes of documents have been stolen from the White House, especially as some of that material was classified at the highest level.

Quote:
He didn't cause the inflation, the high gas prices, the tax enforcements. Your guy Biden did all that.
People often say that POTUS is the the most powerful man in the free world, but don't let that rhetoric trick you into imagining that POTUS controls the world. The problems you accuse Biden of causing stem from things like the covid pandemic and the Russian invasion of Ukraine, i.e. outside of Biden's control.

As for tax enforcements, I think you have that wrong too:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept-V View Post
No one in their right mind would have voted for inflation, high gas prices, and beefing up the IRS to go after those that voted for him, because the rich can afford an army of lawyers, but regular citizens can't.
Surely these facts from Reuters contradict your unsupported declaration about how the new tax enforcement will work:-

Quote:
WASHINGTON, Aug 10 (Reuters) - The main revenue source in the U.S. Senate's newly passed tax, climate and drugs bill is a novel 15% corporate minimum tax aimed at stopping large, profitable companies from gaming the Internal Revenue Service code to slash their tax bills to zero.

The nonpartisan Joint Committee on Taxation estimates that the new tax will add around $222 billion to U.S. government coffers over the next 10 years. It will apply to companies with more than $1 billion in income.

The tax would likely apply to around 150 of the world's largest companies, according to a Joint Committee on Taxation analysis. These include large pharmaceutical companies and major corporations like Amazon (AMZN.O), Apple Inc (AAPL.O), Exxon Mobil Corp (XOM.N) and Nike Inc (NKE.N), according to several think tanks that support the new tax.
Quote:
Biden said Amazon was one of 91 Fortune 500 companies that "use various loopholes where they pay not a single solitary penny in federal income tax," in sharp contrast to middle class families paying over 20% tax rates. "I don't want to punish them but that's just wrong," he said.
So, regular guys paying 20% tax, mega-companies paying 0% tax: that's the injustice that Biden is correcting.