Music Banter - View Single Post - Metallica VS. Iron Maiden (Preference)
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2006, 04:27 PM   #168 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog
Burton is on par with Claypool and Flea. I'd say more refined, deny the man nothing.
I dunno, Burton often didn't shine as much as he could, its obvious the guy had mind blowing talent.... But most Metallica songs weren't really bassline driven, he just carried the rhythm, which is something that any half-decent bassist should be able to do.... Carrying the rhythm is one thing, carrying the main melody AND the rhythm would be damn hard, and thats something that Flea and Claypool have been known to do 90% of the time, Burton didn't do it very often, sure he did some cool solos here and there (Orien, Pulling Teeth) but nothing that i'd say conquers Flea and Claypools best work... Burton died before he could show all of his potential, we don't know if he could play anything outside of metal, while we know that Flea and Claypool can do pretty much anything they want, just my two cents, it's hard to compare what little stuff Burton did when he was alive to Flea and Claypool's much larger body of work.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.